An on-the-job injury can be very devastating financially for the employee as well as anyone they support. Oftentimes, the individual may be receiving payment through workers’ compensation but sometimes this isn’t the case. Below are seven ideas for an individual to creatively earn money while out of work due to a personal injury.
- File a legal case . This can only occur if the injury that occurred was inflicted at the cost of another person or place of business. Hiring the right personal injury attorney is necessary to help you win your case.
- Rent a room. This can be an excellent way to earn money, especially depending on where you live. If you live anywhere in or near a high tourist area, it can be especially rewarding. Renting through Airbnb or Craigslist has proven to be financially lucrative for many people.
- Freelance. Freelancing websites are a great way to sign up and advertise your skills for extra work. For example, if you possess writing, bookkeeping, accounting, graphic design or other valuable skills, you could get side work to help pay your bills.
- Take Surveys. You can often make money online by taking surveys offered by various companies. This is a great way to earn money especially if you are injured and unable to do much.
- Sell items online. Whether you are crafty and want to sell homemade items on Etsy or want to sell various items on Ebay, you will have great earning potential if you put time into it.
- Become a driver. If your injury allows you to drive but not return to work yet, you could earn extra income as an Uber or Lyft driver. This is a great way to earn extra money depending on the area of town in which you live.
Many workplace personal injury accidents are covered by workers’ compensation, these tips could be the perfect solution for earning income while you heal or until you return to your previous work.